Tips for Using Video in Your Marketing Effort
by Genie On Oct 24, 2019, 03:00 AM
Subscribe To Aerial Pros
Filter by tags
Videos are great for adding the “wow” factor to your rental store’s marketing efforts. They also help put a face to your brand and set you apart from the competition.
Let’s face it: Your customers are online watching videos. It is estimated that viewing online videos accounts for over 60% of mobile internet traffic. When it comes to getting — and keeping — your customers’ attention, there’s little doubt video works. So, if you’re thinking of incorporating video into your rental store’s marketing mix but feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, here are some tips to help get you going:
- Apply the KISS principle — keep it short and simple.
- The longer or more complex the video is, the more likely viewers will drop off before it’s over.
- Optimum viewing time is 2-3 minutes, especially for people watching from mobile devices. This length of time can be consumed quickly and easily, without draining too much battery life.
- Explain what you are doing.
- Tell viewers what they can expect to learn in the video and why it’s important.
- Make sure you have your introduction, conflict, climax and resolution (all the elements of a great story) outlined and then follow that script.
- Don’t stray from the main points you want to highlight in the video.
- Add value.
- Offer your audience something in return for their time watching the video. Maybe it’s a great story. Maybe its information on how to solve a business challenge. Maybe it’s a “viewer’s only” reward, like a discount code or a free giveaway.
- Whatever it is, give them a reason to watch!
- Create an interactive experience.
- You want viewers to remember your video, and to do that, you should make it memorable. Don’t just film someone sitting behind a desk talking to the camera. That’s boring.
- Pick a visually appealing background.
- Encourage your presenter to move around a bit and use visual and/or audio aids. Showcase your brand’s personality.
- Also, be sure to include a call-to-action and invite viewers to take additional steps (visit your company’s website) to find out more information.
- Make sure your video can easily be found and shared.
- Leverage popular platforms like YouTube to optimize your video SEO.
- And, use metadata and captions/subtitles to increase the viewers’ chances of finding the content in the right context.
Adding video to your rental store’s marketing efforts increases the likelihood that they are online watching your videos. Who knows, your video could become the next big Internet sensation! It happens every day.