For more than fifty years Genie has provided education, support and solutions that fleet owners, employers and operators depend on to help protect their investment and livelihood:
Who better to provide the training than the people who make the lifts?
Whether in-person or online, Genie can help train your team to operate, sell or maintain your aerial equipment to its full potential. We offer safety training for operators or instructors, in-depth product training for salespeople and service training for technical personnel; all designed by the people who know your equipment best.
For high quality functional training at your convenience, we recommend our Pro Suite online classes: Genie Lift Pro for online operator training, available through participating Genie Dealers, and Tech Pro for online service training classes, available to order from us.
Qualified and Certified
In the aerial work platform industry the terms “qualified” and “certified” are often used interchangeably in connection with training for employees who operate or maintain mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS). Take a look at the Genie Insights on "qualified” and “certified” below to learn more:Definitions of Qualified and Certified
Lift Pro Online Operator Training
Safety is always job one on every work site. Most accidents or equipment damage happens when operators overlook important safety precautions or don’t fully understand how to operate equipment. That’s why Genie developed this two-part program, delivering a standardized MEWP or telehandler training package, to help operators stay safe and fleet owners reduce their repair costs.
Genie Lift Pro Training
- Designed by the manufacturer for high-quality, simple and standardized delivery
- Meets applicable ANSI, OSHA and CSA requirements
- Is applicable to operators of most MEWPs or telehandler brands, makes and models
How It Works:
- Purchase direct from a participating Genie Distributor.
- Complete the general training anytime, online and at your own pace. Video, graphics and narration make it easier to follow and learn.
- Complete a short hands-on training with your Genie Dealer for instruction and experience operating the applicable MEWP or telehandler models.
- Receive your Genie Lift Pro aerial access card verifying completion of the training required to become a qualified MEWP or telehandler operator.
It’s your equipment, why let someone else do the training? A Genie Lift Pro online operator user account is available to order on www.gogenielift.com or by calling 1-877-367-5606, under part number 160674CARD for MEWPs and 1259260CARD for telehandlers.
Lift Pro Train the Trainer Courses
Genie Lift Pro Train the Trainer courses are designed to qualify operators in the safe use of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms or Telehandlers and then provide additional helpful training techniques and information that can improve their ability to deliver
a successful Genie Operator Training Course. After having completed the Train-the Trainer course, the trainee's employer must determine if they are then qualified, as defined by criteria set forth in OSHA and ANSI, to train other trainers or operators
The course is delivered using curriculum that combines both formal and hands-on training. Each participant will receive a Lift Pro Operator Training Kit upon successful completion of the course.
Learn More About the Genie Lift Pro Train the Trainer Courses
Lift Pro Operator Training Kits
The Lift Pro MEWP and Telehandler Operator Training Kits are available for qualified trainers for the purpose of training operators or other trainers. The kits consist of:
- Reproducible trainers guide
- Reproducible participants guide
- CD and DVD training videos (not to be used as stand alone training)
- Multiple sample operator manuals
- Multiple ANSI Manual of Responsibilities
- Ten certificates of completion and operator cards
These materials should only be used in their entirety with the rest of the kit contents and in conjunction with a trainer's extensive knowledge of both the industry and product to create an educational, interactive, and successful training course.For more information:
Tech Pro Online Service Training
Tech Pro Training for Current Customers
Ensure your aerial equipment is maintained to the highest standard. Acquire professional training and know-how by accessing Genie Tech Pro classes online or at one of our world-class training centers.
Current customers can self-register for free at techpro.genielift.com.
- No minimum class size / low impact on staffing
- Less service “down time” for training
- No travel expense or “group” time loss
- Technicians can work at their own pace
- Available 24/7/365 to access from work, home or any computer
- Compatible with multiple web browsers
- Course completion status is recorded for reporting
- A certificate of training is available for each course upon completion
Instructor Led Training
Current customers can sign up for instructor lead classes at one of the Genie Tech Pro Training Centers:
Series 100 Product Training & Online Product Training
Genie has offered product training for more than fifty years and continue our tradition of continuous education and development for our customers and team members alike.
Genie Product Training is a fast-paced three-day course that will help you expand your knowledge of the Genie culture, the Genie Team, and Genie product features and benefits, and help you develop the skills to become your customer’s trusted partner and solution provider for aerial lift equipment.
This highly interactive program includes classroom presentations, product demonstrations, facility tours, hands-on operation and much more.
For more information:
Online Product Training Presentations
Learn more about the full range of Genie products through these 15 minute interactive presentations:
Genie Aerial Pros
Genie Aerial Pros is dedicated to educating the aerial industry on important subjects, such as upcoming changes to ANSI and CSA standards, safety and training, service, product introductions and new applications. The website also gives customers’ insights on sales and marketing best practices, company news, as well as upcoming industry and company events. Content featured on Genie Aerial Pros includes tips and trends articles, product bulletins and videos, industry alerts, customer success stories, testimonials and more.