Genie Terms and Conditions for User-Generated Content
By responding to our request in any affirmative manner, including replying with a hashtag supplied by Genie, or by uploading content to our websites, mobile sites, or social media sites (“Channels”), you are making a Submission (as defined below) to Genie and/or its direct and indirect affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, "Genie," "we," or "us") and you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
If your Submission is selected by Genie, it may be displayed or appear on the Channels or in other marketing, advertising, or promotions together with your name and other identifying information provided, including without limitation any social media identifier, handle, or profile picture.
You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, fully paid up and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sell, assign, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any Submission in whole or in part, with or without your name and other identifying information, including without limitation any social media identifier, handle, profile picture, image, likeness, posts, statements or other information available or provided by you, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed in connection with the Genie marketing, advertising, and promotional activities referred to above.
By making or agreeing to a Submission, you promise the following:
- that you are 18 years or older;
- that if children are depicted in the Submission, you are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors depicted in the Submission;
- that you own or otherwise control the rights to your Submission and any and all elements thereof;
- that you have secured the rights from any and all third parties appearing in such Submission including the right to use their names, images or likenesses and any other third party-owned elements as necessary in and as part of your Submission;
- that your Submission does not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy, patent, trade secrets, or confidentiality obligations; and
- that any Genie equipment appearing in your Submission was installed and operated according to the instructions described in the approved operator’s manual.
You acknowledge that Genie is not responsible for, and has no liability for, any use of all or any part of a Submission. You agree to hold harmless and release Genie, along with its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, licensees and successors, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action (collectively “Claims”) that you or your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have, whether now in in the future, relating to the use of your Submission, including without limitation, any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or copyright, or any other right you may have.
Genie reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to edit any Submission and to choose to include, not include or remove such Submission from its Channels or in any other materials where the Submission may appear.
Genie also reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions for any reason without notice. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions so that you will be apprised of any changes.