New Genie S-85 XC Booms Are Designed to Perform in Heavy-Lifting Applications
Monday 09 April 2018 @ 11:50
With the ability to perform a wider range of heavier lift tasks on construction and industrial jobsites, Genie® telescopic S®-85 XC™ booms now offer a dual lift capacity of 330 kg (660-lb) unrestricted and 454 kg (1,000-lb) restricted. And, the Genie Xtra Capacity™ (XC) feature gives customers the ability to work with up to three people on-board, while still leaving room for tools and jobsite materials.
Model updates comply with Australian guidelines
“The XC nomenclature lets customers know that the new Genie S-85 XC model complies with the overload restriction guidelines for Australian AS 1418.10 standards,” says Kurt Kinder, Genie National Sales Manager, Terex Australia AWP. “And thanks to updates in the design and technology of these new booms, these Genie XC models can carry more load — 300 kg (660-lb) unrestricted and 454 kg (1,000-lb) restricted capacity — than their predecessors. Genie XC booms are designed to perform.”
New to this generation of telescopic booms, the Genie XC models feature automatic envelope control. This is the ability to automatically retract as the booms reach their operating envelope, allowing for simple platform positioning and an enhanced operator’s experience. And, they are equipped with a load sense cell that continuously checks the weight in the platform and limits the operating envelope to match the load chart, all while boasting the ability to do zero-load field calibrations.
New chassis tilt sensor delivers expanded working zone
The Genie S-85 XC boom also boasts an expanded working zone thanks to a new chassis tilt sensor incorporated into the machines’ function. This unique chassis tilt sensing technology gives operators access to different ranges of motion based on the chassis angle. And, it is engineered to automatically cut-out certain lift and drive functions of the machines when the tilt activation setting is reached. “Equipped with this new technology, Genie XC booms not only carry more load than ever before but also maximise access to hard-to-reach work areas on challenging jobsites,” adds Kinder.
Introducing the Genie Lift Power™ generator solution
This new Genie XC model also features the new Genie Lift Power™ generator solution. This system includes a dedicated hydraulic circuit, a right-sized breaker and no pressure switch to reliably run the unit and allows for the power to lift and drive during operation. The Genie Lift Power system is available in 7 kW to provide reliable power solutions for customers in Australia.
All Genie XC booms have been updated with a CAN-based control system, which incorporates the familiar Genie SmartLink™ control system features on these popular booms. Operators will find the control layout on these booms to be consistent and intuitive, making the operation of the booms easy and straightforward.
The Genie S-85 XC boom has 27.91 m (91 ft) working height with 22.71 m (74 ft) of outreach.
The XC design on these boom lifts also includes a 1.83 m (6-ft) dual entry or 2.4 m (8-ft) tri-entry platform with side-swing gate to make it easy to get people, tools and jobsite materials in and out of the basket.
This new generation of Genie telescopic XC booms retain the productivity features that enhance customers’ ability to get work done quickly, including:
- Ramped boom control system provides smooth boom functions and control
- Virtual pivot primary boom aligns the machine’s center of gravity for lower machine weight: 17.781 kg (39,200 lb) on the Genie S-85 XC model
- 4WD and positive traction drive maintains equal power to all drive wheels
- Fixed-width axles allow faster setup
- Active oscillating axle enhances traction on rough terrain
- 360° continuous rotation turntable for quick positioning
- Genie Celebrates 21 Years Partnering with Australian Business
- General Manager's Message - Winter 2018
- New Genie S-85 XC Booms Are Designed to Perform in Heavy-Lifting Applications
- Hire Firm Extends Reach with Genie Equipment
- Height 4 Hire Expands its Fleet With Two Genie GS-5390 RT Scissor Lifts
AAH Celebrates Opening
of Brisbane Branch with new Genie® ZX®-135/70 Boom
- Genie Lift Pro Training Supports Hire Australia’s Booming Operations
New Genie® Lift Guard™ Contact Alarm Prototype
on show at HIRE18
- True Blue Liftech Purchases Genie Z-60/37 FE
- Western Sydney Hire Company Confirms its Commitment to Blue