The Need for Telematics
The Genie® Lift Connect™ solution is a telematics program* that focuses on providing actionable information to monitor and manage aerial fleets. It has flexibility in how customers can access and leverage data, and it offers more transparency into understanding and utilizing the information than other offerings in the market.
No matter what size equipment fleet you have, equipment management is something you do every day. Today’s Genie® Lift Connect™ telematics technology has evolved so that you can take action quickly to maximize productivity and minimize downtime.
Already have a factory-fitted or retro-fitted Genie Lift Connect in your fleet? Click the links below to register your equipment and activate Genie Lift Connect. For installation instructions and additional ressources, go to our Documentation Page.
*Note: The use of Genie machines equipped with Genie Lift Connect telematics must be compliant with the local laws and regulations concerning data in those countries. Click here for the current list of countries.
3-Year Free Subscription on Booms, Scissor Lifts and Telehandlers
- The Genie Lift Connect hardware is a standard feature with a 3-year subscription on all new machine purchases for Genie scissor lifts, booms and telehandlers.
- The subscription includes the ability to consume the data through the Genie Lift Connect Portal and/or the standard ISO API (ISO15143-3).
- Telematics hardware and a 3-year subscription for Genie GR™ and QS™ vertical masts, TZ™ trailer-mounted booms, as well as for Terex® and Genie branded light towers, can be purchased as an option.
Register your machine with Telematics
In order to activate your Genie Lift Connect telematics device, you need to register your machine with it. The registration process varies depending on whether your telematics device is factory-fitted or retro-fitted – and on your customer profile.
Registration of a new product with factory-fitted Genie Lift Connect telematics:
- If you are a distributor:
You will only need to register your new machine once you have sold it to a third party. Please use the Single Product Registration or Multiple Product Registration links on top of this page.
- If you are a rental company:
Your new product will automatically be registered with Genie Lift Connect telematics upon shipment from the factory, and you will receive an email confirmation to activate your registration. Please activate it as soon as possible following the email instructions. Should you need to learn how to use the Genie Lift Connect Portal, please refer to our Documentation link on top of this page.
- If you are a contractor/owner:
It is up to your distributor to register your new product under your name and send you an email confirmation to activate your registration. Once you receive the activation email, please activate as soon as possible following the email instructions.
Registration of an existing product with a retrofit Genie Lift Connect kit:
Aftermarket Genie Lift Connect retrofit kits can be installed on Genie units equipped with a telematics-ready connector, dating back to 2015. In order to place your order, please visit www.gogenielift.com and follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Order Genie Lift Connect Kit Part Number 1291709GT for a machine with manufacturing date starting from 2015.
- Step 2: Order Harness Kit.
To view the complete list of Harness’ Part Numbers available for your machine, please click below.
Once your retrofit and harness kits are installed, you will have to register your machine with Genie Lift Connect Telematics. Please use the Single Product Registration or Multiple Product Registration links on top of this page.
How will Genie Lift Connect Telematics Support my Fleet?
Data is great, but value is created when data is transformed into information. The Genie Lift Connect program provides fleet managers and service managers with tools to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
For Fleet Managers, you can utilize the Genie Lift Connect program to:
- Understand the health of your fleet in a single view
- Leverage fleet reporting and dashboards to quickly identify exceptions and reduce downtime
- Search directly for individual asset numbers or models
- Understand machine utilization and drive ROIC
For Service Managers, the Genie Lift Connect program offers you the ability to:
- Remotely diagnose equipment, saving time and costly service visits
- View machines with upcoming maintenance for easy planning
- View alert dashboards to identify if action should be taken
The Genie Lift Connect solution provides data two ways:
- You can utilize the Genie Lift Connect portal and all its features
- Alternatively, if you have an existing system you can consume that data via a standard API
|Machine Data||Non-CAN Bus Control Systems||CAN Bus Control Systems|
|Battery or Fuel Level||✔||✔|
|Engine Parameters and Codes|
Stage 3B/Tier 4F
Stage 3B/Tier 4F
We believe that the more partners in the value chain with access to the machine data, the more efficient the rental industry becomes. We’ve designed the new Genie Lift Connect solution to share more information than any other player in our industry.
See Genie Lift Connect Telematics in Action
Find out More
Are you ready to take control of your fleet? For more information on Genie Lift Connect, please fill in the form below, and the Genie Lift Connect team will contact you: